ACTS: Advocating Character Through Service
The goal of this committee is to promote volunteerism, resilience, self-awareness, and emotional wellness with students and the community.
ACTS provides student particpant 3 service projects per year.
FREE Pizza, treats, and art supplies provided at ALL Events!!
Parents: JOIN the committee to share ideas for making our events even better, VOLUNTEER to set up, clean up, and serve snacks, DONATE art supplies, snacks, water, or fleece, ENCOURAGE your students to participate!
Glenbard Gratitude Day
- Held in November
- Students gather to write letters of thanks and gratitude to their teachers and staff
- Each year over 2500 thank you notes are written!
Valentine for Vets
- Held in February
- Students gather to write heartfelt valentines that are sent to Hospitalized Vets in Illinois Medical Centers, Overseas Medical Facilities, and current military.
Project Linus – President’s Day of Service
- Held in February, on a No School Attendance Monday
- Kick off to Live Life Well Week
- Students gathr to make fleece blankets for children with cancer